India07
  • Home
  • Auto
  • Tech
  • Trending News
  • Gaming
  • Sports
  • AI Prompts
Reading: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez makes €150m election promise
Share
Font ResizerAa
India07India07
  • Home
  • Auto
  • Tech
  • Trending News
  • Gaming
  • Sports
  • AI Prompts
Search
  • Home
  • Auto
  • Tech
  • Trending News
  • Gaming
  • Sports
  • AI Prompts
Follow US
Made by ThemeRuby using the Foxiz theme. Powered by WordPress
Trending News

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez makes €150m election promise

By Ravi Rawani
Last updated: June 10, 2026
3 Min Read
Share

Real Madrid is entirely owned by the members who decide its president. Each must pay an annual fee of around £130 and around 100,000 of them will vote on Sunday.

After his first election in 2000, Pérez adopted a ‘Galacticos’ policy of signing expensive world-class players, including Luis Figo, David Beckham and Zinedine Zidane.

Real Madrid won two La Liga titles and one Champions League title before Pérez resigned in 2006 amid disappointing results.

In 2009, he again successfully ran for president unopposed and did so four times in his 17-year second term.

Real Madrid finished the 2025–26 season with no major trophy for the second consecutive season, trailing La Liga champions Barcelona by eight points.

As the season was about to end, Pérez called a press conference in which he criticized the club’s enemies and urged those unhappy with his leadership to run against him for the presidency.

Renewable energy veteran Riquelme stepped down, leaving Pérez to compete with another candidate to retain the role for the first time in 20 years.

On Wednesday, Perez promised voters he would launch a Galacticos-style transfer bid just days after he hopes to be re-elected.

“I have some news for you,” he told the Spanish TV show Horizonte.

“On Tuesday, I am going to make an offer to a major Champions League club for a great player. It will be the biggest transfer fee ever paid by Real Madrid in its history.”

Perez was asked about the identity of his target and the scale of the fee.

“Olise is a great player but this is not Olise,” Pérez said. “It’s not even Doku.

“We are going to make a significant offer, at least about 150 metres.

“He needs to have a player from midfield who can go forward. And it’s not Haaland.

“The player is not from the Premier League. And the first thing we will do is talk to the club.”

“It’s a signing to create excitement because that’s what it’s meant to create excitement.”

He also reminded voters that his re-election would activate already agreed deals for manager Jose Mourinho, Inter Milan defender Denzel Dumfries and Ibrahima Konate, whose contract at Liverpool will not be renewed.

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Email Copy Link Print
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

HOT NEWS

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Mohammed Siraj out of Ireland and England T-20 matches, this player replaced him

image source, Samuel Coram/Getty Imagesimage caption, Last year, America added a fee of one lakh dollars to new H-1B applications.A…

Trending News
June 10, 2026

All Olympic curling stones are made with granite from Ailsa Craig, a small uninhabited island

Team USA won silver in mixed doubles curling on Tuesday after reaching the event’s final for the first time during…

Trending News
April 27, 2026

TerraPower and HD Hyundai sign Natrium reactor agreement

The shipbuilding subsidiary of South Korea's HD Hyundai has been selected as the preferred manufacturer for TerraPower's natrium reactor enclosure…

Trending News
May 23, 2026

Sule’s daughter is going to get married to BJP candidate’s son. BJP candidate Arun Lakhani’s son is going to get married to Supriya Sule’s daughter.

Nagpur: The marriage of Revati, daughter of Nationalist Congress Party (Sharad Pawar faction) MP Supriya Sule, has become a topic…

Trending News
June 4, 2026
India07

We use our own and third-party cookies to improve our services, personalise your advertising and remember your preferences.

  • Home
  • Auto
  • Tech
  • Trending News
  • Gaming
  • Sports
  • AI Prompts
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Follow US: 

India07 Contact Details:

Ram Nagar, Jhumri Telaiya, Koderma, Jharkhand
Mail: admin@india07.com

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?